Clerk’s Committee Meeting Agenda
Friday October 3, 2014 2:30 pm
- Gathering and Moment of Silence 3 minutes
- Approval of Minutes from September 19, 2014 2 minutes
- Planning: Schedule for October 10 Meeting and Faculty Study Leave Applications 5 minutes
- Meeting Assessment: Faculty Meeting October 1 2014 10 minutes
- Special Guest Star: Kyle Dell – Curriculum Revision Discussion 50 minutes
- Meeting assessment and closing silence 5 minutes
- Clerk’s Meeting on 10/10 occurs during Board of Trustees meetings which Dave and Adrienne need to attend. The current plan is that the other members of Clerk’s can still meet and discuss the Faculty Leave proposals.
- Faculty requesting leaves are:
- Zhihong Chen – History
- Sherry Giles – JPS
- George Guo – Poli Sci
- David Hammond – Theatre
- Chris Henry – Psychology
- Tim Lindeman – Music
- Marlene McCauley – Geology
- Roy Nydorf – Art
- Caryl Schunk – Ed Studies
- Bob Williams – Economics
- Tim, Sherry, and Zhihong cannot be part of Clerk’s deliberations because they are applying for leave. Dave cannot be part of the deliberations because Marlene is applying from his department.
- Zhihong and Dave do not need to be replaced (Lisa is still there for Humanities, and Steve for Natural Sciences).
- Sherry will need to be replaced by another representative from BPS.
- Tim cannot be replaced in the normal way, because every department in the Arts division has a member applying for leave. There is no obvious solution to this problem. We will discuss this tomorrow.