Ad Hoc Admissions Committee
Present – Martee Holt, Steve Shapiro, Wenling Wang, Heather Hayton, Tom Guthrie, Barb Boyette, and Kami Rowan
The committee worked to create an outline of a draft document for Clerk’s Committee. This document will both report on an assessment of our work thus far, and recommendations for future.
This committee has an option to extend this committee for an additional year. Thus, also included in our report will be a request for the ad hoc committee to continue until a permanent/official Enrollment Committee is created.
Beginning draft of Enrollment Committee Charge
This committee will function as a liaison between faculty and Enrollment Management, with special attention to recruitment, enrollment and persistence. Committee membership will consist of 5-6 faculty members with a high degree of divisional representation, VP of Enrollment, and any of his/her designee.
Main points to include:
- Facilitate communication between faculty and Enrollment
- Support Enrollment and help coordinate faculty contributions to recruitment and retention efforts
- Sharing recent trends in prospective student audience with our academic colleagues
- Creating a shared vision of expectations for incoming Guilford students
- Help to name/communicate distinctive and compelling academic programs and initiatives.
Communicate to Enrollment what we’re doing and to faculty what people want