Susan Ikenberry from our Institutional Research office sent me the following report on our CIRP student survey data. Some of this was reported in our Faculty Forum earlier this semester. Very interesting information.
Susan suggested that answers to the following questions can be found herein:
- Incoming Students Intended Majors vs Actual Majors they graduate in 4 years later…..(some departments gain; others may have some opportunities) pp. 15-17
- Habits of Mind (trends over 8 years)
- Study Abroad & Experiential Intentions (trends over 8 years)
- Political Identification (major shifts over 8 years)
- Views on Social & Political Issues (major shifts over 8 years)
- Demographics (changes in race, gender high school/neighborhood composition over 8 years)
- Satisfaction & Retention (comparison of 1st-year likelihood of transferring out to actual retention of the cohort)
- Disabilities, Emotional Health (changes over 8 years)
- Behavioral Habits (virtual vs actual interaction, studying, family responsibilities…)
- New Questions related to Guilford Core values that were asked for first time this year:
- Why did they choose Guilford?
- Why are they attending college?
- Is a B.A./B.S. sufficient? (post-graduation academic goals)