Please feel free to comment on today’s meeting here. If you would like to submit anonymous comments, please email them to email@example.com.
Comment cards turned in at the meeting:
- I am wondering about the necessity and wisdom of continuing the conversations about “whether” to revise the curriculum given Jane’s comments today. (Kathryn Shields)
- We appreciate the opportunity for discussion that Jane offered the faculty who are/will soon be affected by changes in tuition remission. Has the staff been offered that same opportunity?
- I find the sounds of typing on laptops during the pre-meeting silent meditation much more disruptive than Dave’s passing out pencils and paper.
- I understand need for gender and other diversity. I think some other division (humanities, arts, social sciences) should represent faculty as well. (Both Sherry and Darryl are BPSS – there are other strong women in other divisions.) (Betty Kane)
- Would it be helpful for Darryl w/ Dave Dobson to do a budget primer – either as part of forum or separate meeting? (Betty Kane)
- Time with Susan Briggs conflicts with required FYS training (Betty Kane)
- Faculty recruiting – if faculty can visit their high schools, they can recruit enough to make a difference in enrollment? Just go talk to high school about your career and target students.