Clerk’s Committee Meeting Agenda Friday October 31, 2014 2:30 pm
- Gathering and Moment of Silence – 3 minutes
- Approval of Minutes from October 24, 2014 – 2 minutes
- Guest Discussion: Faculty role in Serendipity issues – with Jose Oliva – 15 minutes
- Review of minutes from October faculty meeting – 5 minutes
- Review of honorary degree nomination – 5 minutes
- Discussion of president’s community meetings, including status of position requests – 10 minutes
- Topics for faculty meeting on November 5 – 20 minutes
a. General Education Curriculum – new approach; response to concerns?
b. Biotech major – ready for discussion?
c. Report from Board of Trustees meeting – necessary?
d. Other topics?
- Guest Discussion: Proposed Biotech Major – with Michele Malotky – 13 minutes
- Meeting assessment and closing silence – 2 minutes
• Jose requested the opportunity to speak with us, and I thought it would be good to hear what he has to say, although Clerk’s has no direct role in Serendipity.
• Michele can meet with us, but she will be coming from a departmental meeting with the President. She says that should be over by 3:30, which would leave her 10 minutes or so to speak with us if we end on time.