Curriculum Committee Minutes
February 26, 2016
Present: Mylene Dressler, Michael Dutch, Edwins Gwako (Chair), Martee Holt, Michele Malotky, Norma Middleton, Devon Murphy-Anderson, Karen Tinsley (Recorder), Marc Williams
Regrets: Beth Rushing
- Minutes from Feb. 5, 2016 were approved.
- The request to change the course numbers for PSCI 365 Terrorism in America and PSCI 366 Global Terrorism to 200-level courses was approved.
Action Step: Martee will notify the Office of Enrollment of these changes
Norma will inform Maria Rosales and Robert Duncan of the approval and will make changes in the catalog.
- The request to lay down the PSCI evening major was discussed. It was determined that additional information is needed before a decision is made:
- The committee would like data and justification for the change
- Has the department consulted with the office of enrollment to help assess the impact of this change?
- Has the department consulted or gotten feedback from PSCI majors and minors?
- Has any consideration been given to the impact of this change for other majors?
- Has the department considered any strategies to bring in evening students?
- What courses would still be offered in the evenings?
Action Step: Edwins will contact Maria Rosales to inform her of the request for additional information.
- Request for representative from Curriculum Committee to serve on J-term committee to assist with review J-term course proposals.
Michael Dutch agreed to serve as the representative.
Action Step: Edwins will inform Rob Whitnell.
- The meeting closed with a moment of silence.